Last updated: December 6, 2023
1. Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- We (referred to as either "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to the app developer team, Simple Design Ltd.
- Application means the software program provided by Us downloaded by You on any electronic device, named Auto Tapper: Auto Clicker.
- Service refers to the Application.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an Account to use the Service.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by US regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
2. App Permissions and Information Collection
App Permissions Involved
- Accessibility Service (Necessary)
When you are using our app, we will request this permission to help implement our app's main features, such as simulating auto clicks and swipes on the screen. We do not collect your private data through this permission.
- Ignore Battery Optimization (Optional)
Turning on this permission ensures that the app will not be automatically closed by the system when the device battery is low. This allows the app to run safely in the background and provide a consistently stable service for users. This permission is optional, and without it, the quality of your experience may be affected.
The information We collect and process depends on how You use Our Service.
The information You actively provide during your use of Our app
You can freely create scripts using our app and the script data is only stored locally on your device unless you actively log in and back up. Besides, We will collect some operating information when you interact with Our App, including the button click and page view. We use this information to provide You with personal service and improve Our App, including general settings You make (such as your choice of preferred language) and the time and duration of your activities on Our Service (which can help Us improve features that You may pay less attention to).
Information from third-party social media services
If You choose to use the login service (for Our backup feature) using a third-party social network Account (such as Google), in that case, We may collect some third-party data automatically, such as your Account name, email address and public information associated with that Account.
The Information You actively provide when you send feedback
If You want to send feedback to us to improve your using experience, We may collect your usage data, like theme type, App Version, system version, screen size, language, country, app language, device, time zone, network, account, and whether you subscribed, removed the ads. This information is not mandatory collected, We do NOT collect them unless you consent to provide the feedback. And We will delete this feedback data periodically for a month.
3. How Do We Share the Information
To support and maintain Our Service, We may involve Google to provide You with personalized ads. Google may collect certain personal data (online identifier and ip address) for advertising, analytics, and fraud prevention purposes. Please note that Google will access your information only to perform their tasks on and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Moreover, We NEVER share the information You provide in Our app (eg. your script information) with any third party.
Rest assured, Google will request your consent before collecting, using or sharing your personal data/identifiable information (like ip address or identifier). If You decline to share your personal data with Google, Google will not access your personal data for personalized ads.
You could opt out of the personalized ads on the settings or following the instructions below, however, please note that You may still see ads after turning off this option, but the relevance of ads will be reduced.
•  AdMob by Google
AdMob by Google is provided by Google LLC, which provides ads for mobile apps.
For information on how Google Mobile Ads SDK collects, uses and shares your data, please visit this page: https://developers.google.com/admob/android/privacy/play-data-disclosure#data_collected_and_shared_automatically.
You can opt-out from the AdMob by Google service by following the instructions described by Google: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en.
For more information on how Google Admob uses the collected information, please visit the Google Ads Data Processing Terms.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
•  Google Play In-App Payments
When You use Our Service to pay for a product and/or service via bank transfer, We may ask You to provide information to facilitate this transaction and to verify your identity.
Except the following cases, we will not share your information with any other third parties without your consent unless the following situations:
- To fulfill legal obligations, disclose to the authorities;
- To prevent you from being exposed to significant danger or disadvantages while not possible to get your authorization in time;
- the disclosure is anonymized and cannot be directed to you personally; and
- in other cases permitted by laws and regulations.
4. How Do We Use the Information
We highly value your experience with Our App and are always trying to improve current features and keep adding new features that Our users want from time to time. Information We collect will help Us understand what to improve and how We can improve. We may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve Our Service, such as personalize the content You receive in the App;
- To see if Our App is working correctly and troubleshoot and fix it when it’s not;
- To provide You with helpful user support if You send Us feedback about any questions You may have while using Our App;
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service;
- To communicate with You, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation;
- To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- Law enforcement: We share information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities, or other organizations if We’re required by law to do so or if such use is reasonably necessary. We will carefully review all such requests to ensure that they have a legitimate basis and are limited to data that law enforcement is authorized to access for specific investigative purposes only.
5. Retention of the information
How long We will keep your information depends on the types of the data.
The Information You actively provide during your use of Our app
If You only store your data on your Device and do not use the backup feature, You can delete the scripts in the “script” interface or uninstalling Our App directly to clear all your information(irrecoverable);
If You use the backup feature and sign with the Google account, You can clear the backed-up script data by deleting the local scripts and syncing manually again.
The Information You actively provide when you send feedback
Regarding the feedback data You actively provide, We will retain it only for as long as is necessary and We will delete it periodically for a month.
6. Why and How Do We Transfer the Information
7. How Do We Protect the Security of Your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information. We use the following information security measures to protect:
- System vulnerability scanning and penetration testing;
- Protect data integrity;
- Organizational and legal measures.
The security of your information is important to Us, but please note that all Internet-based methods of data transfer and storage are not 100% secure. There are risks associated with any transfer of your information. We keep working to develop additional techniques to protect your information, but it is difficult for Us to guarantee the absolute security of the Internet.
Generally, We do not store any data on our server, your data is only stored in your local device and Google server.
For EU: GDPR Privacy
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in ourselves.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Us.
In any case, We will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, You can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your Account settings section. If You are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the personal data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the personal data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes You want to object to Our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Request erasure of your personal data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If You withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that We may ask You to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
For California: CCPA Privacy
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of personal data are being collected and the purposes for which the personal data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from us the information regarding the disclosure of your personal data that has been collected in the past 12 months by us or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal data. You also have the right to ask us not to sell your personal data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Data" section. We do NOT sell any personal data.
The right to know about your personal data. You have the right to request and obtain from us the information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of personal data collected
- The sources from which the personal data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share personal data
- The specific pieces of personal data We collected about You
- The right to delete personal data. You also have the right to request the deletion of your personal data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your consumer's rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, and if You are a California resident, You can email or call Us or visit Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Data" section or web page.
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Data
We do not sell personal data. However, when You use the Service, third-party advertising companies may display interest-based advertising (also called online behavioral advertising) using information collected about your online activities over time across multiple websites, applications, and other online service sites.
If You wish to opt out of the use of your personal data for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, You may do so by following the instructions in the section 3 “How do we share your information?”.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt out of every browser that You use.
For California: "Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not track Our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising therefore Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your Account.
Be aware that your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online if the law does not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
8. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that your child has provided Us with personal data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
10. How to Contact Us If You Have Any Questions